1.28.2013

My Parents and My Kids




I love being with my parents and my kids all at the same time. It's a time for me to enjoy them enjoying each other. 

I love to watch my Mom noticing the same things about the kids that I do. I love watching my kids fall in love with the things I love about my Dad. 

I love watching them succumb to Mom's natural Grandma charms. And I love the way my little girl can make my big tough cowboy father march around the living room playing a Mickey Mouse harmonica while she beats a drum and her brother plays the kazoo. 

I even love how much more obnoxious my Dad and my oldest son get when they are together. They play off each other and egg each other on until you nearly have to leave the room! 

No matter how much I try to relay information to Mom about what Hannah did today, or tell Dad some cute story about what Cache said, or how Bodie's got this horse he's dealing with - it's not the same until they're all here. And we are just living it together. Catching up. Soaking it in. Being together. 

It's great when someone you love loves someone else you love. When you see traits of them in each other, and traits of you in them, and traits of them in you. 



"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am . . . . I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them, and that I myself may be in them." John 18: 24, 26




No comments:

Post a Comment