1.15.2013

Getting Directions





I had a get together at my house recently, and had to give directions to a couple of people.  It occurred to me again, how important it is to not give TOO MUCH information. 

One time I got off track in a mid-sized town here in New Mexico and asked a friendly looking local for directions. Unfortunately, he spent more than half the time telling me where NOT to go, rather than where to go. I had to mentally edit out all the non-directions and just focus on the true directions. 

"Do you know the so-and-so store? Yes, well, don't turn there. In fact, you won't even get that far. You want to turn about two blocks before that."

Exhausting. 

In all my ruminations about the new year and how best to approach it - You know, what goals to set, both for myself and for my littles - I've been asking God for directions. 

He is an excellent giver of directions. 

Never too much information. 

If he's silent, keep on going the way you are going. 

That's it. When you need to turn, or make a change, He will let you know. 

He's not trying to play hide and seek with His will. He will not only make it known, He will accomplish it. 

Be confident in that. And press on. 

"Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

No comments:

Post a Comment