1.08.2013

I'm Losing My Hair, but God Loves Me Anyway

The WRONG hairdo for a boat ride!
As you can tell from the above picture, my hair is fairly long and fairly dark. So when some falls out, it's pretty painfully obvious. Our bathroom requires almost daily sweeping up of stray hairs. 

My hairbrush is shameful - even with weekly cleanings. 

I could let this aggravate me, but I choose instead to let it REMIND me. 

1) My hairs are all numbered. By God. 

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.  And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31

God must be busy keeping count of my hairs at the rate I seem to be losing them. But it's nice to think that He's thinking of me that often throughout the day. 

2) I have many sins, and yet His love and truth protect me. 

"Do not withhold your mercy from me, O Lord; may your love and your truth always protect me.  For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me." Psalm 40:11-12

By the way, I read recently that people with blond hair have about 140,000 hairs on their head. If you have black or brown hair (like me), you have about 110,000 and redheads have around 90,000.  

Evidently, there is no end in sight to the shed-clean-shed cycle around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment