12.13.2012

Covered up, not Cleaned up


I asked my kiddos to clean up their rooms before supper the other evening.  And then I went in to check. They are only 4 and 2, so I don't expect excellence, but I try to teach them, and encourage them to do their best. 

I found my son's blanket on the floor, and when I picked it up, there were all the toys that belong with his castle set that he had been playing with earlier. 

I said, "Covered up is NOT the same thing as Cleaned up."

Immediately that annoying voice in my mind asked me, "What have you covered up lately that should have been cleaned up?"

Now,  I'm pretty sure my boy hadn't done it on purpose. He was just being sloppy. 

I, on the other hand, tend to conceal on purpose. 

"Sure, I lost my temper, but I was under a lot of pressure." 

"Sure, I made that unkind comment, but she's annoying. "

"Ya, I've been a little lazy around here lately, but the kids have been waking me up at night. I'm tired."

"Yes, I overspent, but it's the holidays!"

You get the idea.   

How about you? Got any confessing and renouncing to do? 

"He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy." Proverbs 28:13

No comments:

Post a Comment