12.26.2012

Wasting Storage Bags




I truly hate to waste things. The other day I caught myself saving about a tablespoon and a half of grated cheese. 

I got out a brand new quart sized storage bag and began putting the cheese in there, when it occurred to me that the baggie was worth more than the cheese. 

Ha! What a waste of a storage bag. 

Of course, if you've read this blog before, you know I'm going to make a bigger life application out of this. 

Is there anything you are putting in your body that isn't worth it? I mean, you could look at it literally and think about sugar, caffeine, liquor, drugs, etc. But what about the more insidious things? Anger, bitterness, guilt, fear, etc.?

Do you know how much you are worth? The price of God's only begotten Son. 

Don't waste your life by filling it with worthless, or even harmful things. 

It doesn't make sense. 

My wise Bible study leader asked the question the other day, "Is the Holy Spirit at home in me, or am I too crowded with "worldly" things?"

Hmmm. Good question. 

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your body." I Corinthians 6:20


No comments:

Post a Comment