9.01.2012

Huge Mess or Little Spill?

Norwex Enviro-cloth


Wait! This is not a commercial for Norwex, I have a bigger point, I promise. 


O.K. So, many times, what determines whether something is a "Huge Mess" or a "Little Spill" is perspective. And this microfiber cleaning cloth has changed my whole perspective. 

This morning my independent, nearly four year old son dumped half of a pancake syrup bottle all over his plate, the table, and the floor. Of course he spilled right on the crack that opens up for the leaf, which means even more mess to clean up. 

In my pre-Envirocloth days, this would have meant a huge cleaning up project, breakfast delay (read: turn off the griddle), and general inconvenience. Now, however, it is a mere swipe - or ten with a couple of trips to the sink to rinse out - but STILL - much easier. I am a believer. 

(No, I do not sell Norwex products, but I have a friend who does, so if you want her contact info, let me know) 

It occurred to me that what I view as life's HUGE MESSES, God views as a little spill. Actually, James tells us they are "pure joy"

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " James 1:2

And God's cleaning cloth is immeasurably better than microfiber. 

"And he said, "These are they who came out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Revelation 7:14

So, the next time you see a "Huge Mess" view it from the perspective of the blood of the Lamb, and shrink it down to size. 

1 comment: