2.15.2012

Who do you walk with?

Just walkin'
     I got to spend some quality time today with my parents. Getting their horse trailer repaired. I don't know how much time you've spent in the waiting area of repair shops, but I've spent plenty. Not really the types of places most people go out of their way to hang around, but I have to admit, I've had some of my best conversations there. 

   And one thing I notice after I've spent time around my family - I leave a little more like them.  Maybe you can relate. Do you have a southern accent? A Texas 'drawl'. You know how it is, one short visit home and you come home twangin'. 
     My folks don't have an accent, but there's still a distinction. A trace of them that ends up all over me. Most of it I like. A lot. Some of it I'd like to - well, er, edit. 
     It reminds me of this verse from Proverbs:


He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm. Proverbs 13:20(NIV)


     Walk with the wise - ditch the fools.  So. . . who are YOU walking with? 
(For more wisdom, study Proverbs.  You can get started here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment