4.14.2009

The Book of Daniel

The book of Daniel is a must read for new believers. It's amazing to me, and I'm somewhat ashamed to admit, that it took me so many years to study it myself. I became a believer about 13 years ago, and have only just now gotten around to it.

What a testimony to the inerrancy of scripture! Much of what was prophesied by Daniel is now history to us. Every bit of it came true to the letter. . . . Why did I not hear/learn of this before?

It has given me so much confidence in the accuracy of God's word. It has proven to me that God not only wants to communicate with us, but that he has protected his word down through the centuries. God is a planner, he is on the throne and is in charge.

One of my favorite quotes from Daniel, "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His. He changes times and seasons; He sets up kings and deposes them."
Very reassuring in times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment