3.06.2009

Our Provision

My older son turned 16 this summer. If you have a child in that age range, you know what that means. Car-obsession! He talked about cars, shopped for cars, counted the money he was making that summer, calculated fuel costs and insurance (which we make him responsible for), the works. He was a singly minded young man. I watched all his figuring and worrying with a smirk.

You see, I knew what he didn't. My father planned to give him an old Buick for his 16th birthday. So, the whole time my boy was sweating it out, his car was ready to go, sitting in Arizona, just waiting for his birthday. You should have seen the look on his face when my parents pulled up with it on a trailer for him.

Every time I sweat or suffer, or calculate or recalculate for things I want (right now it's a job for my husband) I remember the Buick and know that my Father has planned to give me what I need. It may not be exactly what I have in mind, and it will come on the day He has picked, not sooner, not later. His timing is perfect. His gifts are good. He is our Provision.


"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" Luke 11:13


Update - My husband got a job that is a perfect fit! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment